Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The newest little Groll!



 Aleya Lee Groll was born on July 10, 2013 at 7:25 pm.  She was 6 pounds 3 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long!!  We have been blessed with a perfect little angel, we are so in love with her!
I was induced with pitocin at about 11 AM on Wednesday the 10th.  I wasn't dilated at all, but I was completely effaced.  I slowly dilated to a 2 and my doctor broke my water.  An hour later I was dilated to a 3.  I had plans to have a medication free birth- all natural, but the pitocin was kicking my butt!!!  So, finally after 5 hours of pitocin I decided to give in and get the epidural.  I guess that's exactly what my body needed because 1 1/2 hours later I was a 6 and an hour after that I was a 10!!!  The epidural helped me relax, thank goodness for that!  At 7:25 PM and after about 4 contractions of pushing little Aleya was here!!  It was the most amazing experience I have ever had, and it was one of the happiest moments of mine and Aaron's life.  I still can't believe that this little beauty is ours.  We are truly blessed.
She has long skinny arms and legs, her momma's lips and her daddy's forehead :)
She only fits into a few outfits because she is so tiny, newborn diapers are just barely starting to fit her now.  I can't believe that she is already 3 weeks old today!!

Anyway... mom and baby are doing great, and last night I got a total of 6 hours of sleep- it was bliss!! (She wakes every 3-4 hours still). When I get exhausted and frustrated I just look at her and realize how happy  and lucky I am, and then everything is all okay ;)
  I am slowly starting to get used to being a mommy, and it's the most rewarding and fun I have ever had!
More pictures to come... Seriously, we already have millions of pictures of her!!  We are switching internet providers today so we won't have internet until Friday.























No comments:

Post a Comment